So, okay, I wasn’t technically tagged to do this (but am I really tagged to do any of them) but I saw it and super wanted to do it so here we are. I saw this tag on the mud and stars book blog, you should go check out that blog it’s super awesome. Anyway, so this tag is basically all stuff that I’ve completely goofed on during my reading career (is career even the right word?). Right, lets just jump right in.
1) A character appearance that you misread or imagined differently?
Magnus Bane from The Mortal Instruments series. I imagined him old and grey and bearded but apparently that isn’t even close. His character description just went way over my head so I didn’t realize he was young until he started a thing with Alec. Even then I was kinda creeped out for a while first.
2) A character name that you’ve been pronouncing wrong?
Tobias from the Divergent trilogy. I pronounced it toe-bee-us for all three books and then the movie came out and ruined everything.
3) An overused trope that is your guilty pleasure
I actually have no idea, most overused tropes annoy me a lot so I don’t think I have an answer.
4) A cliche character type that you like seeing on screen than reading about
Definitely the “bad boy” character that has to hide his dangerous past. I love it on screen and I love that the actors are always super attractive but I hate it in novels, its just super frustrating.
5) A word/phrase that you learned because of its use in a book
I learned the word ‘seldom’ because it was used in the book series Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews. I had no idea what it meant before that or even that it was a word for that matter. So thanks Ms Andrews.
6) Have you ever not read/not completed a reading requirement for school
I actually read every assigned book in school because I generally liked them all.
7) Have you ever (or have wanted to) skipped a chapter from the point of view you weren’t interested in?
I’ve never actually skipped a chapter but during the beginning of Dragonfly in Amber I really didn’t want to read from Roger Wakefield’s perspective, I just wanted all the Jamie/Claire stuff.
8) Have you ever cancelled social plans to read a book?
I think the more appropriate question here is have I ever had social plans?
Alright so that is it for this tag. I tag anyone who had as little ideas as I had this week. I hope you enjoyed and fingers crossed I get the time to see you all soon.
Signing off, Verity