Happy Christmas Eve! Sorry for not introducing but I’m just too excited! It’s T-Minus 12 hours and — minutes until Christmas is here. As you may know, Christmas for me is the best time of the year and always will be my absolute favourite thing. So on this most amazing day I thought I’d do the Joy of Christmas Book Tag for you all. It was created by Samatha at the YouTube channel Novels and Nonesense, so go check out her channel. Alright well lets just jump right in.
1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
It would 100% be Lady Midnight, the first book in Cassandra Clare’s new Dark Artifices series. It was supposed to come out this year but got pushed to April 2016 and I am so excited for it!
2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing praises for?
The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Is there even any other series that deserves such a high level of praise? I don’t think so.
3) Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
Right this is tricky, because so many books have wonderful world building. It’s going to have to be a tie I think. It’s between the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas or Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. Both are beautifully created and developed worlds.
4) A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read
I’d have to go with, and I’m not sure if this actually counts, but To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee would be my favourite classic. I know, it’s a kinda cliche one but I love the way it’s written and the metaphors around equality.
5) Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas?
Oh, there are just so many! I think for right now though I’ll say Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, the third book in the Outlander series. Just talking about it before has ignited it fresh in my mind!
6) Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling?
Any Stephanie Perkins book ever! Also Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. Just, contemporary’s man.
7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
Definitely the illustrated Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and the 20th anniversary Outlander. They are two that I’m in love with right now.
8) Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
The decorations are my favourite part I think. That and Christmas lunch. In my family we have an entire day for decorating the house and we always watch Elf and I love that. I think another one of my favourite things is that every year my sisters and I decorate our names on a piece of paper to put next to our sacks so we know which presents are ours.
Alright so that is it for the Joy of Christmas Book Tag! I hope you enjoyed it and feel free to comment your answers down below. I tag anyone who loves Christmas as much as I do.
Signing off, Verity