So I know I haven’t posted in a while. . . don’t hate me. I just lose track of time and get swallowed up by all the other stuff I have to do. Anyway today I thought I’d really give you guys something to hate me about with the unpopular opinions book tag. This is just a fun little tag revealing all your differences in the book fandoms. Alright lets get started.
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
For this question I am going to go with the Maze Runner trilogy by James Dashner. I just really couldn’t get into this series, I felt like I was kept completely in the dark because Thomas was discovering almost nothing. I thought it would get more exciting and grab my interest but it just didn’t.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
For this I’m going to choose City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Just that book, not the series. Everyone I’ve spoken to (and people on the internet) think that the first book in the TMI series is rubbish and you have to push through it because the others are so great. I personally thought the first book rocked, I really loved it.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn people for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
I’m going to pick a popular OTP for this one and that is Celaena/Dorian from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. I love Celaena/Chaol a lot more but everyone seems to ship Celaena/Dorian. I don’t know I find it weird.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
This would be middle-grade fantasy. Which is weird because I actually really like it but I just never read it all that often.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Severus Snape. The character who turned the most opinions just couldn’t get mine.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
For this question I have to go with Stephanie Meyer. I read Twilight way back when and actually really enjoyed it. Then I read New Moon and everything went downhill. I just got tired of her writing style and just couldn’t get into the rest of her books.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Okay for this I will pick something that I actually never like seeing in the first place. It’s the whole “girl meets boy who is really mean to her for 95% of the book but she’s attracted to him and falls in love and it turns out he isn’t really mean and was doing it for this reason”. I hate it. Stop.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Hush Hush trilogy by whoever. It was on my TBR for like a million years but then I lost interest and now I’ll just never read it. Ever.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
I’m going to go with the movie adaptation for The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkein. I tried to read this book but it 95% of it was then walking through a forest. It was boring, I couldn’t get into it, the movie was amazing.
Alright so that is it for the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag. I tag anyone who wants to do this tag.
Signing off, Verity