Merry Christmas to all, and too all a good night! I hope you are all having a fabulous time. As it is Christmas day I thought it was the perfect time to do the Christmas song tag. I’ll be tagging people below at the bottom and I’ll link their blogs so you can check them out as well.
1. “You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch”: Name a villainous character you couldn’t help but love.
For this I would have to choose Bellatrix Lestrange from the Harry Potter series. She is so fun to watch and read about, I just love her whole character.
2. “All I Want for Christmas is You”: Which book to you most hope to see under your Christmas tree?
Well I very much wanted The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black and I was lucky enough to get it!
3. “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”: Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.
Celeana Sardonthein (do not know the spelling) from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Mass. She had to overcome so much and she did, learning from her mistakes every time.
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”: a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list?
b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list?
For top of the naughty list I definitely think Hera from the Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus would be. She caused so many issues between people and was just such a horrible God to everyone. For top of the nice list I think Cas Lowood from the Anna Dressed in Blood series, he really deserves it after all his efforts in ridding the world of ghosts.
5. “Frosty the Snowman”: Which book just melts your heart.
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. The romance and emotion in that one 300-odd page book just makes all defences strip away and leaves me open to every emotion in the world and makes my heart melt.
6. “Feliz Navidad”: Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own.
Basically every book ever. I live in Australia and no books seem to take place here. Ever.
7. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy?
I always love Harry Potter at Christmas, it just always feels very festive.
8. “Sleigh Ride”: Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn’t have to be a love interest!)
I would choose Hermione Granger. I’ve always thought that if we were too meet we would instantly be best friends. I think she’d be fun to spend the holidays with, we could read all day and have a big Christmas Lunch.
9. “Baby it’s Cold Outside”: Which book that you didn’t like would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?
Probably Beautiful Creatures by whoever. It is a pretty big book and would probably burn for a while.
10. “Do you hear what I hear”: Which book do you think everyone should read?
There are a lot of books I think everyone should read but for the sake of this I’ll choose one for contemporary reads and one for fantasy/paranormal/sci-fi reads. For contemporary I would say Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. It is just perfect. For fantasy etc read I would say start with Harry Potter but if you’ve read that then read The Giver by Lois Lowry. It is a really incredible book and I think everyone would enjoy it.
Alright, so thats it for the Christmas songs tag. I tag Sherlockianbooklover and Bookishrebels. I’ll tag both their blogs after my send off.
Signing off, Charlie