I just finished Game of Thrones but I actually won’t be doing a booktalk on it because it is so long and complex that my booktalk would be the length of a novel. Instead I will be doing the ultimate Harry Potter tag that consists of 30 questions about Harry Potter.
1) Favourite book?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for sure.
2) Least favourite book?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Everything sucked in Harry’s life (except DA) and Umbridge was there. Need I say more?
3) Favourite movie?
Probably Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. It is one of the best book to movie adaptations I’ve seen.
4) Least favourite movie?
Probably The Half Blood Prince. It was not a particularly good book to movie adaptation at all and Half Blood Prince is one of my favourite books.
5) Favourite quote?
“Do you remember me telling you we were practised non-verbal spells?”
“No need to call me sir, professor.”
6) Favourite Weasley?
Ron. Or Fred. Or George. Either of those three really.
7) Favourite female character?
Obviously Hermione. She is awesome on so many levels and I really connect with her, more so than I have with a lot of other characters.
8) Favourite villain.
Bellatrix Lestrange. She was the best and most creative villain out of all of them. She was so unique and fun to read about.
9) Favourite male character?
Either Ron or Neville. Ron because he is really funny but also actually really cares about his friends. Neville because against all the odds stacked against him he was, really, the bravest of them all. His biggest fear was Snape and he faced him every single day.
10) Favourite professor?
It has to be McGonagall. She is the best teacher in the series and is so awesome in the last book when there is the big battle.
11) Would you rather A) wash Snape’s hair or B) spend a day listening to Lockhart rant about himself?
Obviously wash Snape’s hair. It isn’t that bad and washing his hair might take 5 minutes whereas listening to Lockhart all day might kill me.
12) Would you rather duel A) an elated Bellatrix or B) and angry Molly?
Definitely an elated Bellatrix. Did you see what happened last time someone crossed angry Molly?
13) Would you rather travel to Hogwarts via A) Hogwarts Express or B) Flying Car?
Hogwarts Express. I want to ride the train all day and eat the sweets off of the trolley. There really is no option against the Hogwarts Express.
14) Would you rather A) Kiss Voldemort or B) give Umbridge a bubble bath?
Kiss Voldemort. I’d rather that than have to deal with Umbridge.
15) Would you rather A) ride a Hippogriff or B) ride a Firebolt?
Hippogriff hands down.
16) Is there a character you felt differently about in the movies?
Yes Ginny. In the books she was a really awesome and fierce character but in the film she felt very 2-dimensional and fake.
17) Is there a movie you preferred to the book?
No there isn’t. Things were left out of all the films that I absolutely adored in the books. I will always choose the text over the picture.
18) Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore?
I think they were both perfect portraying the different Dumbledore’s that they portrayed.
19) Your top thing (person or event) that wasn’t in the movie that you wanted there the most?
The part in the Deathly Hallows were Dudley tells Harry that he isn’t a waste of space. Out of everything missing in the films that is the one thing I am most mad about.
20) If you could remake any of the Harry Potter movies which would it be?
Probably the Half Blood Prince. I would make it a lot closer to the book.
21 Which house was your first gut feeling you’d be a part of?
Gryffindor. I was very young when the first film came out (yes I saw most of the films before I read the books) and I just really felt I belonged there.
22) Which house were you actually sorted into on Pottermore?
Gryffindor, much to my delight.
23) Which class would be your favourite?
I’m really interested in the Transfiguration and Charms stuff so those two.
24) Which spell do you think would be most useful to learn?
Accio. I’d never have to move again.
25) Which character do you think you’d instantly become friends with?
Hermione. Like I said before, I feel a strong connection to Hermione. We have a lot in common so I think we would definitely be friends.
26) If you could own one of the three Hallows, which would it be?
The Invisibility Cloak. How useful would that be?
27) Is there any aspect of the books you’d want to change?
Yes I would have Harry not name his child Albus Severus but Rubeus or Remus. One of those two.
28) Favourite Marauder?
I would have to say Moony, Padfoot and Prongs. I honestly can’t choose between the three. Together they sound like so much fun and I love their individual traits.
29) If you could bring one character back to life, which would it be?
Fred. I cannot imagine George without him. They were never two souls; they were two bodies one soul and I think living without Fred would mean George would never be the same again.
30) Hallows or Horcruxes?
Hallows obviously. Why become immortal when I can just become the Master of Death?
That’s it for the Ultimate Harry Potter tag. I tag SherlockianBooklover and bookishrebels. I also tag any of you who love Harry Potter as much as I do.
Signing off, Charlie